Sunday 28 May 2017

The Light of the Soul






"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”
 –  Matthew


“O My servants!  Could ye apprehend with what wonders of My munificence and bounty I have willed to entrust your souls, ye would, of a truth, rid yourselves of attachment to all created things, and would gain a true knowledge of your own selves – a knowledge which is the same as the comprehension of Mine own Being.”
–  Baha’u’llah


“Every soul becomes gold when touched by the Beloved.”
- Rumi


“I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.”
- Rumi


The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea;
And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes.
But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure;
And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line.
For self is a sea boundless and measureless.
Just in case... HEART might stop. MIND can forget. I Love them with my Soul. SOUL never stops or forgets."


- K. Gibran



“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”
- Rumi

“Know, verily, that the soul is a sign of God, a heavenly gem whose reality the most learned of men hath failed to grasp, and whose mystery no mind, however acute, can ever hope to unravel.  It is the first among all created things to declare the excellence of its Creator, the first to recognize His glory, to cleave to His truth, and to bow down in adoration before Him.  If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return to Him.  If it fail, however, in its allegiance to its Creator, it will become a victim to self and passion, and will, in the end, sink in their depths.”
–  Baha’u’llah


“When the human soul soareth out of this transient heap of dust and riseth into the world of God, then veils will fall away, and verities will come to light, and all things unknown before will be made clear, and hidden truths be understood.”
–  `Abdu’l‑Bahá

“Every moment, a voice, out of this world, calls on our soul, to wake up and rise.”
- Rumi

“The soul that with a strong and constant calm
Takes sorrow and takes joy indifferently,
Lives in the life undying! That which is
Can never cease to be; that which is not
Will not exist. “
– Bhagavad-Gita


“As the child in the womb does not yet know the use of its members, it does not know what its eyes are for, neither its nose, nor ears, nor tongue — so also it is with the soul on earth. It cannot understand here the uses and powers of its spiritual gifts, but directly it enters the eternal kingdom, it will become clearly apparent.”
-‘Abdul-Bahá


“Lose your soul in God’s Love… I swear there is no other way!”
- Rumi


“Know thou that every soul is fashioned after the nature of God, each being pure and holy at his birth.  Afterwards, however, the individuals will vary according to what they acquire of virtues or vices in this world….”
–  Abdu’l-Baha
“Nothing can nourish the SOUL but LIGHT.”
- Rumi


“I LOVE my friends neither with my heart nor with my mind.
- Rumi


“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
- Rumi


“The soul has been given its own ears to hear things mind does not understand.”
- Rumi


“It is through the power of the soul that the mind comprehendeth, imagineth and exerteth its influence, whilst the soul is a power that is free.  The mind comprehendeth the abstract by the aid of the concrete, but the soul hath limitless manifestations of its own.  The mind is circumscribed, the soul limitless. “
–  `Abdu’l‑Bahá

“In the depth of my soul there is
A wordless song – a song that lives
In the seed of my heart.
It refuses to melt with ink on
Parchment; it engulfs my affection
In a transparent cloak and flows,
But not upon my lips.

How can I sing it? I fear it may
Mingle with earthly ether;
To whom shall I sing it? It dwells
In the house of my soul, in fear of
Harsh ears.

When I look into my inner eyes
I see the shadow of its shadow;
When I touch my fingertips
I feel its vibrations.
The deeds of my hands heed its
Presence as a lake must reflect
The glittering stars;
My tears reveal it, as bright drops of dew
Reveal the secret of a withering rose.

It is a song composed by contemplation,
And published by silence,
And shunned by clamor,
And folded by truth,
And repeated by dreams,
And understood by love,
And hidden by awakening,
And sung by the soul.

It is the song of love;
What Cain or Esau could sing it?
It is more fragrant than jasmine;
What voice could enslave it?
It is heartbound, as a virgin’s secret;
What string could quiver it?
Who dares unite the roar of the sea
And the singing of the nightingale?
Who dares compare the shrieking tempest
To the sigh of an infant?
Who dares speak aloud the words
Intended for the heart to speak?
What human dares sing in voice
The song of God?”
-Kahlil Gibran


“The soul, like the intellect, is an abstraction. Intelligence does not partake of the quality of space, though it is related to man’s brain. The intellect resides there, but not materially. Search in the brain you will not find the intellect. In the same way though the soul is the resident of the body, it is not to be found in the body.”
-‘Abdu’l-Bahá


“As at the time of death, the real and eternal self of man, his soul, abandons its physical garment to soar in the realms of God, we may compare the body to a vehicle which has been used for the journey through earthly life and no longer needed once the destination has been reached.”
-Universal House of Justice



No comments:

Post a Comment